Find a pro in Old Monroe, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Old Monroe, MO. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Old Monroe, MO
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Old Monroe, MO. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.