Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Rhineland, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
How many years will cabinets that have been refinished retain their new look
One of the great advantages with wood is that it can be refinished multiple times to make furniture look as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets is dependent on many factors, including the strength of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will hold up before the service needs to be done again is dependent on wear and tear and what sort of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
Why is cabinet refinishing a good investment in my house?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If reducing your carbon footprint is a priority, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your existing cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Trying To Achieve a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're existing cabinets may already work well with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing requires minimal disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a full cabinet replacement.
Homeowners in Rhineland, MO have communicated spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
Should I be on the lookout for any particular licenses or qualifications when vetting a cabinet refinishing professional?
While there aren't industry-standard licenses designed for cabinet refinishing contractors, there are certain qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Many of the best contractors will showcase their background in carpentry, woodworking, or a relevant field on their Thumbtack page.
You will want to ask the contractor you are considering hiring for photos of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially for finished projects that look like the style you're trying to accomplish. Along with a portfolio, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and reputation through online customer feedback.
A reliable expert can provide a detailed written estimate of the job before it commences, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should have adequate communication skills and be able to address all of your questions and concerns regarding cost, schedule, and quality throughout the refinishing project. You should also ask about any warranties or guarantees with the service, which is another indication that can show they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How will contractors refinish cabinets?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for efficiency and excellent results. There are typically many steps taken to transform the look of existing cabinets, for example:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets should be first evaluated to make sure they are in proper condition to be refinished. If so, any gear will be removed, like handles, knobs, and hinges, and the surfaces will be cleaned to remove any dirt, grease, or other residue.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some small damage, like cracks, dings, and other imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Whatever you choose for paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in thin, even coats to achieve the look you're looking for. The drying and curing step will be vital to imparting a high-quality outcome, and may require a few hours to accomplish.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain completely cures, any hardware will be put back on and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will make sure the final project satisfies your expectations, which includes a final cleanup of the complete work area.
It's useful to keep in mind that every refinishing project can vary depending on factors such as the kind of cabinets and the desired finish. Additionally, contractors may employ specialized methods, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific stylistic effects, which could require a longer process with more steps. Be sure to communicate clearly with anyone you hire to ensure they have the skill to bring your vision to reality.
Employ a Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Rhineland, MO
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your space by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Experienced cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, including paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several people in Rhineland, MO have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your home at the same time.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets versus buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit adequately. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their knowledge and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Rhineland, MO with confidence.