Find a Cabinet Painter in Richland, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Missouri // Richland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to renew the style of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their sleek look. Typical wall paints may not stick sufficiently to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs extended drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of effort. A good place to begin is by understanding exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their previous work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget worked out while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any professional you consider provides written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the process about it's timeline. What you don't need is for any surprises to pop up once the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers for view online, and these are also an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets before sanding?
It's may be enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning stage is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their hardware, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach any places that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in many cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only chip away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual price of an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are many factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. In Richland, MO, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's recommended to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors might charge you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Richland, MO Who Can Bring Your Vision to Life
An exceptional way to increase the appeal of your home and update the look of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable alternative to expensive replacements that also results in less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them an updated look that will suit your evolving style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Richland, MO fluctuates, but some customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also perks for the planet when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in good enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to show you their history of executing projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Locate all the information necessary to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter in Richland, MO confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.