Find a pro in Saint James, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Saint James, Missouri. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Saint James, Missouri
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Saint James, Missouri, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.