Find a Pro in Saint Louis, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What does it usually cost in labor to paint the inside of a home?
The price to paint the interior of your home depends on the overall size of the space. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more low-cost than an entire residence, especially a big home.
You should expect to pay around $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a local professional to paint the interior of your home. You'll pay less if you paint the house yourself or live in a region with low labor rates. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
How frequently should I think about repainting my home's exterior?
There are some obvious signs to look out for, such as chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause problems too. Exterior painting is a pretty big project, so it's always a good idea to book painting specialists.
Since every property is different, there is no set deadline to apply another coat, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. Most professionals say that you'll need to paint every five to ten years. This will be determined by factors such as where you live, climate, and the previous paint job.
If you've just purchased a new home, you might not know exactly the last time it was painted. It's highly advisable to try to find out, because possessing in-depth information about the paint job can be critical. The type of paint used, its quality, how many layers were applied, and even the color chosen can all affect its durability. It's also beneficial to know the season in which it was painted, because whether the residence was painted on a bright or overcast day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are some services I should expect my professional painting contractor to offer?
Here are examples of what a professional painter can assist with:
- Pick Colors: When struggling to select the right colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor can provide invaluable advice. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that haven't been properly cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter understands this and can handle the prep stage before painting starts.
- Identify Potential Issues: As your residential painter prepares for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice things such as rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These damages need to be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional could then direct you towards reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they could handle it themselves.
- Do Light Fixes: Most painters are proficient at making such repairs. These include drywall repairs, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper removal, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When employing a high-quality painter, you likely won't have to go searching for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped the home's surfaces, assessed for damage, and conducted necessary repairs, they can begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much is the typical per hour rate for painters?
The average painter's cost of labor ranges between $22-$43 an hour, not counting tax or product included.
Bear in mind that this pricing is for the painting services themselves to pay a painting contractor per hour. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not reflected in that price.
Hire an Experienced Residential Painter To Refresh Your Living Spaces in in Saint Louis, Missouri
When you require a good house painter near Saint Louis, Missouri, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is a great option to bring new life into your residence while also significantly boosting your home's value. Painting your home inside and out every few years is a relatively affordable and fast home improvement project that gives a great ROI in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted home works to enhance your peace and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. A skilled and knowledgeable painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to life or make great suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a style you'll love. Some colors can even instill a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your home also features several useful benefits for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Mildew is one of the leading causes of structural decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will beautify your house inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one tool that collects all the important information to help you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of vetted painters in Saint Louis, Missouri and the surrounding areas based on the search criteria that matters most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message expert house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and begin narrowing down your search for the pro who can deliver the quality services you deserve.