Find a pro in Sikeston, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Sikeston, MO. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Missouri // Sikeston
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Sikeston, MO
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sikeston, MO, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Sikeston, MO. Find the perfect contractor for your house now.