Find a Pro in Springfield, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the expected price for labor when painting a house's interior?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the area. A single 300-square-foot room will be much more affordable than an entire home, especially a big residence.
On average, expect to pay around $3 and $7 per square foot when employing a nearby painter to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the space on your own or reside in an area with low labor rates. However, other factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend as much as $8 per square foot or more if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accent walls.
What is the ideal schedule for repainting the exterior of a house?
There are a few obvious signs to watch out for, like chipped or cracked paint; however, there are also some less obvious things that can cause issues as well. Exterior painting can be an extensive project, so it's always a good idea to hire professional painters.
Because every home differs from one another, there is no set timeframe to repaint, and this makes things more difficult for homeowners. A lot of experts express that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by factors like where you're located, climate, and the previous paint job.
When you've just acquired a new home, you could be in the dark about the last painting date of the house. It's highly advisable to try and find out, since possessing in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, its quality, how many coats were applied, and even the color used can all affect its lifespan. It may be helpful to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your home was painted on a bright or cloudy day can change how well the paint dried.
What are examples of services I should expect my residential painting contractor to give?
Examples of the functions a professional painter usually performs include:
- Choose Colors: If you're struggling to find the right colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your vetted painter.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint has a harder time adhering to surfaces that aren't fully cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep work before painting starts.
- Keep an Eye Out for Potential Issues: As your home painting service preps for the project, they should be assessing surfaces for issues. A full-service painting contractor will let you know if they notice anything like rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These surfaces need to be remediated before the project can start, of course. Your service might then recommend reliable contractors to make these repairs, or they may take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: Most painting contractors are proficient at performing such repairs. These include drywall fixes, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper removal, remediating damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By employing an expert painter, you likely don't need to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will start painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average hourly fee for painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's price on services varies from $22 to $43 per hour, not counting tax or product included.
Bear in mind that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, tax, equipment, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Professional Home Painters Serving in Springfield, Missouri
When you're looking for a dependable house painter in Springfield, Missouri, Thumbtack is the fastest way to find the perfect contractor for your budget and schedule. Painting your house is an excellent choice to bring new life into your property while also significantly boosting your home's curb appeal. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and fast home improvement project that delivers a big return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a newly painted house can improve your peace and happiness cannot be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and knowledgeable painting contractor can bring any vision you come up with to reality or make excellent suggestions about different paint brands and colors to lock down a style you'll love. Some colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can provide an added sense of motivation and energy.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also supplies several useful advantages for its structural integrity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect surfaces from a variety of problems resulting from insects, fungus, and climate, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Moisture is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage that improves indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional results will refresh the appearance of your home inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and monetary value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use platform that brings together all the necessary information to help you uncover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Easily search through profiles of professional painters in Springfield, Missouri and the surrounding areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, such as customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly contact professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Explore Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your search for the pro who will deliver the quality services you deserve.