Find a Pro in Sturgeon, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What are the duties of a professional house painter?
A few of the functions an expert painter typically conducts include:
- Pick Colors: In case you're struggling to pick the most suitable colors for your exterior or interior spaces, a full-service contractor will help you in this regard. Services like this can save you time, and you can count on the knowledge of your hired professional.
- Prepare the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time adhering to surfaces that aren't adequately cleaned, sanded and primed beforehand. A full-service professional painter knows this and can take care of the prep work before painting commences.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painter preps for the project, they will assess surfaces for issues. A professional painting contractor will tell you if they notice anything such as rotten wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim and moldings. These surfaces must be fixed before painting can begin, of course. Your professional may then recommend trustworthy contractors to make these repairs, or they could take care of it themselves.
- Perform Light Fixes: The best painting contractors are proficient at making such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotten wood replacement or removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. By enlisting a vetted painter, you likely won't need to go looking for other contractors to handle these issues.
- Paint: After the painter has prepped your home's surfaces, looked for structural issues, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
How much do professional painters charge per hour?
Normally, a painter's cost of services varies from $22-$43 an hour, and that doesn't include materials or tax.
Take into account that this cost is for the labor of painting services to pay a painting contractor hourly. For that reason, it does not include the addition of insurance, taxes, equipment, or any gallons of paint.
Can interior painting provide a worthwhile ROI?
The short answer is yes, and there are benefits from interior painting services:
- Boost the Appeal of Your House: A great paint job will communicate to interested buyers that you have taken exceptional care of your home. It will also help sell a house that's on the market faster, even over asking price. Even if you are not thinking about listing your house in the foreseeable future, a good interior paint job by an expert painter can last up to 7 years. Interior painting can be thought of as a home improvement investment with one of the highest returns when factoring in the effect on property value and appeal.
- Boost Your Mood at Home: While interior painting is an economical project to update your home, it is one of the most effective tools to make your home a more relaxing and happy place. If you have not painted your interior recently or have boring colors that you might not like anymore or never chose, your rooms may not be a space where you truly feel comfortable. Also, many people are choosing to work from home and/or staying home more in general, so making the colors of your home appealing is a bigger priority. Depending on the color scheme you go with, the right paint color will help you feel differently — calm and rested (blues and greens), lively and motivated (yellows and oranges), and even safe and content (neutral colors).
- Protect and Prevent Damage to Your Home: Getting your interior painted strengthens your house now by preventing future damage from occurring inside and outside of your walls. Most interior walls are constructed of materials that naturally retain moisture. Over time, enough accumulation of moisture will result in compromised walls which can be risky to your house's structural integrity. Moisture behind walls becomes a catalyst for mold growth which can result in health issues. Paint is designed to keep water from getting through the porous walls of your house.
- Improve Air Quality in and Around Your House: Paints currently are manufactured with low or no volatile organic compounds. In case you or your loved ones have allergies, breathing issues, or are sensitive to chemicals, this is a huge advantage and a great choice for your interior. A new application of paint also keeps dirt and other particles to a minimum which will enhance your household's air quality even more.
- Make Your House Look Amazing: Most houses contain flaws and blemishes. Walls often obtain scratches, dings, and marks from the use of your house over the years. Getting your house's interior painted removes those imperfections and will make your home look updated and clean. A new paint color applied to your interior will also modernize your living space.
What is the least active season for painters?
A major benefit to scheduling within the colder season is that there is a much lower demand for painting services. The chillier conditions often keep people from doing projects, so painting professionals are more readily available.
As a result, they might be able to decrease their price than what they typically charge in peak times of the year like summer. This is when most painting contractors are scheduled and don't have time for other appointments.
Hire a Qualified House Painter To Update Your Living Spaces in in Sturgeon, Missouri
When you're searching for a dependable residential painter in Sturgeon, Missouri, Thumbtack is the most efficient way to find the right contractor matching your budget and schedule. Painting your home is an excellent option to bring new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's value. Painting your house inside and out every couple of years is a relatively affordable and quick home improvement project that delivers a great return on your investment in more ways than one.
The way a freshly painted house works to improve your peace and happiness shouldn't be discounted as one of the best reasons to carry out this home improvement project. An experienced and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you have to reality or offer excellent suggestions about various paint types and colors to achieve a look you'll love. Various colors will even impart a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors such as blue and green triggering feelings of peace and calm while yellows or light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the exterior and interior of your house also provides many useful advantages for its durability. Paint acts as a layer of defense to secure the wood from a range of problems resulting from bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of structural decay, but the sealing ability of a professional paint job will keep those surfaces drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that the look of expert handiwork will beautify your property inside and out, significantly increasing its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an easy-to-use tool that brings together all the relevant information to let you discover the best painting contractor for the job. Efficiently look through profiles of vetted painters in Sturgeon, Missouri and nearby areas prioritizing the search criteria that matters most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also enables you to directly message professional residential painters safely and securely to get the answers to any specific questions and concerns you have. Try Thumbtack for yourself today and start narrowing down your search for a pro who will deliver the quality and value you need.