Find a pro in Theodosia, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Theodosia, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Theodosia, Missouri. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.