Find a Cabinet Painter in Uniontown, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Missouri // Uniontown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to renew the appearance of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and the paint used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that sleek aesthetic. Typical wall paints might not stick properly to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also needs longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Is it simple to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to uncover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to start is by knowing exactly what style you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view a sample of their past work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate largely. Make sure that any contractor you hire gives written statements of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by evaluating any online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the long prep step necessary before painting my cabinets?
It's always tempting to immediately begin painting and get your home improvement project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and their gear, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that contractors use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to any edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to establishing price of painting cabinets?
There are many things that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Uniontown, Missouri, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from various contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor will have to recoup the price of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the job performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Find a Cabinet Painter Near Uniontown, Missouri Who Can Bring Your Vision to Reality
A quick way to enhance the value of your home and update the look of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring an experienced cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Uniontown, Missouri varies, but some customers have reported spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets expels many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When looking for the perfect cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and needs, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and schedule. A dependable contractor will be willing to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all important information you need to vet and choose a professional cabinet painter near Uniontown, Missouri confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.