Find a pro in Walnut Grove, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Walnut Grove, MO
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Walnut Grove, MO. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.