Find a pro in Wentzville, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Wentzville, Missouri
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Wentzville, Missouri. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.