Find a Pro in Willard, Missouri
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What exterior paint color should you pick?
When you're picking a paint color for your home's exterior, choosing an elegant color that complements your overall design will be the right choice. It's somewhat affordable to enhance the appearance of your home with assistance from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the factors you should think about when choosing a color for your exterior painting project:
- Color pattern: The colors you pick should complement the overall look you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to create. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially for people who work from home or spend a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Greens and blues are stylish shades that have the ability to make you feel at ease.
- Energetic and productive: For a touch of color that stands out from the rest, yellows and oranges are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Muted, neutral colors like off-white, gray, and beige can make a home feel more comfortable and content.
In what ways can hiring an exterior painting contractor improve your project?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will typically give you a superior outcome than you could achieve on your own. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and training to execute the project to the highest quality standards. Instead of spending time covering up mistakes, homeowners can recruit an exterior painter to carry out the project as skillfully as possible. The skill they've acquired from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the siding, putting on the primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to a painter to execute it. With their superior approach and guaranteed work, you don't have to deal with them cutting corners or offering subpar results.
How do you get a home ready for exterior painting?
Exterior painting offers the best results when it is done with careful attention to detail and according to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the knowledge, materials, and techniques to do the project with excellent workmanship. Superb workmanship begins with taking precautions that help the paint adhere and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Pressure wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a clean area to work with, so using power washing tools is a productive way to wash it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will remove flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Prepare surface: Compounds used to repair surfaces can fix damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Redo caulk on windows and trim to then paint over it with a sleek varnish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on sidewalks, shrubs, and decks.
- Priming: Putting primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to help the paint adhere.
How much does an exterior painting project cost?
The price of exterior painting services depends on the prep work, paint, and size of the home. A one-story home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-story home. It's an excellent investment for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements all year round. Another factor that can influence the overall cost is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can mean higher quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can evaluate the project and offer you an accurate quote for the costs you can anticipate to pay.
Compare and Hire Exterior Home Painting Services Near Willard, Missouri
Start browsing for an exterior painting contractor on Thumbtack, so you can easily compare and hire companies in Willard, Missouri. If your home needs some new paint, you can find a contractor with the training and knowledge to deliver outstanding services. You can update your home's aesthetic with new paint that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements simultaneously. By hiring a contractor to handle the project, you're ensuring it will meet your specifications.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can efficiently browse for contractors, take a look at ratings, and read reviews. Homeowners can check out previous exterior painting projects to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Look through candidate profiles and simplifying your search is a quicker process when you download our free platform. It's streamlined and simple to use for homeowners to select the most qualified professional for the project in their area. In addition, you can direct message professional painters, request a quote, and book a consultation all in one app.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting contractor who can give you useful recommendations and help you brainstorm a beautiful color arrangement. Painting projects can raise your home value and essentially make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's amazing what a good sheen, color, and application can do to add some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with assistance from several local professionals ready to roll up their sleeves and perform exceptional work. Get an exceptional finished product by using our app and reach out to a skilled painter to handle the entire process with careful attention to detail.