Find a pro in Beaumont, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Beaumont, Mississippi. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Beaumont, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Beaumont, Mississippi. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.