Find a pro in Carriere, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Carriere, MS
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Carriere, MS. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our app.