Find a pro in Clarksdale, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Clarksdale, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Clarksdale, Mississippi. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right professionals for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.