Find a pro in Collins, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Collins, MS
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Collins, MS, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the experience you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing project.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Collins, MS. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.