Find a Pro in Columbus, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearPainting // Mississippi // Columbus
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT PAINTING
What is the average labor price to paint the rooms of a home?
The price to paint the inside of your house depends on the dimensions of the space. A single 300-square-foot space will be much more affordable than the entire house, especially a spacious residence.
You can expect to pay between $3 to $7 per square foot when enlisting a nearby professional to paint the inside of your house. You'll pay less if you paint the interior on your own or reside in a region with low labor costs. However, some factors can raise the cost even more, and you may spend up to $8 per square foot or higher if you have high ceilings, need wall repair, or want accents.
How often do I need to paint the outside of my house?
Cracked and chipped paint are some evident things to watch out for, but there are also some less evident things that can cause issues too. Painting an exterior can be a big job, so it's never a bad idea to book painting specialists.
Unfortunately, there is no set timeframe to repaint, since every property is different. Most experts say that repainting will need to be done approximately within five to ten years. This will be determined by other variables such as where you're located, climate, and how well the previous paint job was done.
If you've just purchased a house, it's possible that you're unaware of the last paint application. It's highly advisable to try to find out, since having in-depth information about the paint job will make a big difference. The variety of paint used, the quality of paint, how many layers were applied, and even the color selected can all affect its durability. It could be beneficial to know the time of year in which it was painted, since whether your house was painted on a sunny or cloudy day can impact how well the paint dries.
What are some services I can expect my professional painting contractor to give?
Here is what a professional painter will help with:
- Select Colors: When struggling to choose the ideal colors for your exterior or interior rooms, a full-service contractor will provide invaluable advice. Services like this will save you time, and you can depend on the experience of your hired expert.
- Preparing the Surface: Paint will have a difficult time sticking to surfaces that aren't properly cleaned, sanded and primed ahead of time. A full-service residential painter understands this and will handle the prep work before painting begins.
- Keep an Eye Out for Damages: As your residential painting service prepares for the project, they will assess surfaces for trouble signs. A knowledgeable painting contractor will tell you if they see anything like rotted wood, broken drywall, or damaged trim or moldings. These areas need to be fixed before the project can begin, of course. Your painter may then suggest other dependable contractors to perform these repairs, or they may handle it themselves.
- Perform Repairs: Expert painting contractors are proficient at conducting such fixes. These include drywall replacement, rotted wood replacement and removal, wallpaper deconstruction, fixing damage to the carpentry and moldings, and more. When hiring a high-quality painter, you likely don't have to go looking for other contractors to repair your home.
- Paint: After the painting contractor has prepped your home's surfaces, checked for damage, and performed necessary repairs, they will begin painting your exterior and/or interior.
What's the average rate per hour for most painters?
Typically, a painting contractor's cost of services varies between $22 to $43 per hour, without taxes or overhead included.
Be mindful that this average is for the painting services themselves to pay a professional painter hourly. Insurance, taxes, tools, or the paint itself is not added in that price.
Experienced House Painters Serving in Columbus, MS
When you're searching for a good house painter in Columbus, MS, Thumbtack is the quickest way to find the perfect contractor suiting your budget and needs. Painting your house is an excellent way to breathe new life into your living space while also significantly increasing your home's curb appeal. Painting your home inside and out every couple of years is a relatively economical and quick home improvement project that delivers a great ROI in more ways than one.
How a beautifully painted home works to enhance your comfort and happiness cannot be overlooked as one of the most rewarding reasons to perform this home improvement project. A talented and professional painting contractor will be able to bring any vision you come up with to reality or make great recommendations about various paint types and colors to lock down a look you'll love. Various colors will even evoke a certain mood when you're inside a room, with colors like blue and green bringing out feelings of peace and relaxation while yellows and light greys can instill an added sense of motivation and creativity.
Painting the outside and inside of your house also brings plenty of practical advantages for its longevity. Paint acts as a sealant to protect the wood from a range of issues caused by bugs, fungus, and weather, and can even increase the lifespan of trim and siding. Water is one of the worst causes of home decay, but the sealing function of a professional paint job will keep those building materials drier – an advantage for indoor air quality, too. And don't forget that professional work will beautify your property inside and out, notably boosting its curb appeal and ultimate value.
Thumbtack is an all-in-one site that brings together all the relevant information to help you discover the perfect painting contractor for the job. Efficiently browse through profiles of reputable painters in Columbus, MS and nearby areas focusing on the search criteria you care about most, including customer reviews, price, availability, and more. Our unique platform also permits you to directly message professional house painters safely and securely so you can get the answers to any specific questions and concerns regarding your project quickly. Use Thumbtack for yourself now and start narrowing down your hunt for the pro who will deliver the quality services you need.