Find a pro in Foxworth, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Foxworth, MS. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Foxworth, MS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Foxworth, MS. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.