Find a pro in Grenada, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Mississippi // Grenada
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Grenada, MS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Grenada, MS. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.