Find a Cabinet Painter in Lexington, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Mississippi // Lexington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to refresh the look of my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint typically used for home walls will face many challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
How do I find a painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painters to discover the most suitable one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of effort. The first place to focus on is by knowing exactly what look you're trying to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see a sample of their past work similar to your vision beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you consider gives documentation of all material and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for any surprises to occur once the project begins that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by checking their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past customers for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Can I paint my cabinets before sanding?
It's always tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and effectively bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that all dirt and grease are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning stage is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty method of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to those edges that would be exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
How much will it cost to paint my existing cabinets?
There are many things that play into the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. Around Lexington, Mississippi, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of your project, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon typically being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how fast you want the project performed.
You'll want to discuss your home's specific cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painter Near Lexington, Mississippi to Bring Your Vision to Reality
A smart way to boost the value of your house and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a more affordable choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many types of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of wear and tear and provide an updated look that will match your current tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Lexington, Mississippi fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending as much as three times less on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, factors like the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire several different painting contractors to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new models. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your existing cabinets may be in decent enough shape to easily paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While hunting for the right cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you their history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all the information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Lexington, Mississippi confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.