Find a pro in Liberty, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Liberty, Mississippi
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Liberty, Mississippi. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.