Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Long Beach, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the perks of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a highly beneficial home improvement task that many people find worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets rather than completely replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The method of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels pollution into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly lessened when people choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great benefits of picking cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen through relatively little work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and hassle-free project to update their style versus installing new ones. Since you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the trouble of having custom-made cabinets manufactured and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- High-Quality Results: You'll get professional results when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets appear as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of prepping the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What is the distinction between refacing and refinishing cabinets?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used together, but there are distinct differences between the two and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing refreshes the current doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method has its own unique approach and offers a certain effect in the appearance of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often will cabinets need to be refinished
One of the great things about wood is that it is able to be refinished multiple times to make the product appear as it did when new, which applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, including the durability of the wood, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How long any refinished cabinets will hold up before the project must be done again depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A thorough cabinet refinishing job should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as an alternative to installing new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or deteriorating, it may be more beneficial to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If reducing your carbon footprint is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a look that is wholly unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better Return on Investment: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive project to boost your property's appeal to try and maximize ROI.
- You Are Satisfied With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets could already work great with your kitchen's design and deliver ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your lifestyle in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
People in Long Beach, Mississippi have detailed paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
Find The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing Near Long Beach, Mississippi
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply customized finishes, such as paint, stain, or other methods to your present cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of its primary benefits, and several people in Long Beach, Mississippi have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and updated look for your used cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your house in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why many people are starting to refinish their cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that prioritizes eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your lifestyle than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will often need to undergo some degree of demolition and reconstruction for them to fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When considering an expert for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how clearly they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more can be found on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Long Beach, Mississippi with confidence.