Find a pro in Lyon, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Mississippi // Lyon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Lyon, Mississippi
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lyon, Mississippi. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the right candidate for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Lyon, Mississippi. Find the right contractor for your home today.