Find a pro in Nesbit, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Typically, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Nesbit, Mississippi
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Nesbit, Mississippi, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Nesbit, Mississippi. Find the perfect contractor for your home today.