Find a pro in Newton, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting until winter could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Newton, Mississippi
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Newton, Mississippi. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newton, Mississippi. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property right away.