Find a pro in Olive Branch, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Mississippi // Olive Branch
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Olive Branch, MS
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Olive Branch, MS. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the best roofing maintenance services in Olive Branch, MS. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property now.