Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Petal, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
Why should I refinish used cabinets rather than install new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is a very advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets in lieu of totally replacing them is a good practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer lifespan rather than contribute to landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than throw it out. Some other amazing perks of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and installing new kitchen cabinets can be very costly, but refinishing existing ones will allow you to update their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the style of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively fast and simple way to refresh their look versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll avoid the trouble of having new cabinets built from scratch and the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to make them fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect professional results when you allow a competent contractor to take care of your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is crucial to guarantee your cabinets look as you wished, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to dry before reassembly.
How do cabinet refacing and refinishing cabinets vary?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used interchangeably, but there are distinct differences between them and professional contractors will need to know what service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing updates the present doors or drawers by sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service has a unique approach and gives a distinctive outcome in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the primary differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How often do I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best advantages about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make the product look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. How many times a professional can refinish cabinets depends on several factors, such as the strength of the cabinets, the materials used, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years any refinished cabinets will hold up before the process needs to be repeated depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you perform. A professional cabinet refinishing job will typically last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or longer, depending on the factors talked about above.
How should I know if cabinet refinishing is a good idea to bring my vision to life?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than buying new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it might be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Living "Green" Is a Priority: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as a better practice to reduce landfill trash by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing can be done in a wide range of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is totally unique and suits your tastes.
- Trying To Get a Better ROI: If you're planning to sell your residence, cabinet refinishing can be a cost-effective project to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Functionality: You're current cabinets might already fit in great with your kitchen's design and give ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing requires less chaos to your home compared to a full cabinet replacement.
Residents of Petal, Mississippi have reported paying nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, evaluate your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to discover if this option is best for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Petal, Mississippi
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the style of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a total replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other methods to your existing cabinets to give a new look that aligns with your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first benefits, and several homeowners in Petal, Mississippi have reported paying as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and installed. Attaining a fresh and modern look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why more homeowners are choosing to refinish their cabinets rather than buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green option that celebrates eco-conscious values in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your lifestyle than the work it takes to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're installed will often face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit adequately. The consequence is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and the better alternative for those on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and skill through pictures of their past work, if they supply any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this valuable information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack platform to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Petal, Mississippi confidently.