Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Purvis, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are the benefits associated with cabinet refinishing versus buying new ones?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially beneficial home improvement project that many people find worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a good way to limit your impact to the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also depletes forests and releases chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly lessened when you choose to upcycle existing furniture rather than throw it out. Some other excellent perks of choosing cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets can be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to update their look for much less money.
- Breathe New Life Into Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically switch up the look of your kitchen with relatively small amounts of work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively fast and easy way to refresh their style versus installing new ones. Because you're reusing existing cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the chaos of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You'll get excellent outcomes when you allow an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and experience is crucial to ensure your cabinets look as you envisioned, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
I know of cabinet refacing - is it the same as cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two words often used interchangeably, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to know which service you need. Refacing is the process of substituting the doors or drawer fronts with new ones, while refinishing updates the current doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each method features its own unique approach and imparts a certain result in the aesthetic of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently can cabinets undergo refinishing
One of the great benefits about wood is that it is able to be refinished many times to make furniture look the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, too. The frequency at which one can refinish cabinets depends on many factors, including the strength of the cabinets, the components, and how well the cabinets have been maintained. How many years any refinished cabinets will last before the project needs to be followed up depends on how often they are used and what kind of maintenance you conduct. A professional cabinet refinishing service can last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors mentioned above.
When can cabinet refinishing be the right choice for my kitchen?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than installing new ones and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Decent Condition: If your cabinets are damaged or significantly warped, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If environmental sustainability is one of your biggest values, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better way to limit waste by upcycling your existing cabinets.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a wide range of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is wholly unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your house, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're existing cabinets might already fit in well with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less disruption to your daily life compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
People of Purvis, Mississippi have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before choosing cabinet refinishing, weigh your personal needs, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to know if this option is best for you.
Employ The Right Contractor for Cabinet Refinishing Near Purvis, Mississippi
Cabinet refinishing is an ideal way to transform the look of your kitchen by updating the appearance of existing cabinets without the need for a full replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first advantages, and many people in Purvis, Mississippi have reported spending up to 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, boosting the value of your home in the process.
Environmental considerations also play a part in why more people are choosing to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new ones. Refinishing is a green choice that celebrates eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and reducing demand for cutting more trees.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the process will be much less chaotic to your household than the mess generated to install new ones. Regardless of purchasing stock or custom-made new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an effective refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing job, get a feel for their experience and reliability through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack platform so you can hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Purvis, Mississippi with confidence.