Find a pro in Ruleville, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Mississippi // Ruleville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Ruleville, MS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Ruleville, MS. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.