Find a pro in Seminary, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Seminary, Mississippi
You can look to Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Seminary, Mississippi. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Seminary, Mississippi. Find the right contractor for your property now.