Find a pro in State Line, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the job. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in State Line, MS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in State Line, MS. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined through our platform.