Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Taylorsville, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
What are some advantages of cabinet refinishing?
Cabinet refinishing is an especially advantageous home improvement project that many homeowners discover to be worth the effort. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart way to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than tossing them into landfills. The process of constructing new cabinets also requires more wood and expels chemicals into the atmosphere, both of which can be significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. A few other excellent advantages of picking cabinet refinishing include:
- Cost-Effectiveness: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look relatively affordably.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing can drastically change the aesthetic of your kitchen through relatively small amounts of work or money.
- Limit Disruption To Your Life: Cabinet refinishing is seen as a relatively quick and hassle-free project to change their look compared to installing new ones. Because you're utilizing current cabinets that have already been installed, you'll bypass the hassle of having new cabinets manufactured or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The proper technique and skill is crucial to ensure your cabinets appear as you envisioned, including close attention to necessary steps of preparing the surfaces and allowing the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
What are the distinctions of cabinet refacing and cabinet refinishing?
Refacing and refinishing cabinets are two terms often used together, but there are considerable differences between them and handymen will need to understand which service you want. Refacing is a process of replacing the doors or drawer fronts with new materials, while refinishing transforms the present doors or drawers via sanding and repainting or restaining them. Each service features its own unique approach and offers a distinctive result in the look of your cabinets, the key differences being that refacing changes materials while refinishing uses existing ones
How frequently will I need to refinish cabinets
One of the best benefits with wood is that it can be refinished several times to make the product appear the way it did when new, and this benefit applies to wood cabinets, as well. The frequency at which a professional can refinish cabinets depends on a few factors, such as the durability of the wood, the components, and how well the cabinets have been cared for. How many years your refinished cabinets will last before the service needs to be done again depends on wear and tear and what kind of maintenance you perform. A well-done cabinet refinishing service should last anywhere from 5 to 10 years or more, depending on the factors talked about above.
When should I choose to refinish my cabinets as an alternative to purchasing them new?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always less expensive than purchasing new models and is a worthwhile investment in many scenarios, including when:
- Existing Cabinets Are in Good Condition: When your cabinets are damaged or decayed, it could be more beneficial to go with a replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is one of your biggest values, you may want to consider cabinet refinishing as an ideal way to limit landfill trash by upcycling your current cabinets.
- You Want To Achieve a Unique Look: Refinishing gives you choices between a large variety of colors and finishes to bring to life a vision that is totally unique and suits your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're preparing to sell your home, cabinet refinishing is a cost-effective way to enhance your property's value and maximize profits.
- You Are Satisfied With the Existing Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets might already work great with your kitchen's layout and provide ideal functionality.
- Minimum Disruption is Necessary: Cabinet refinishing results in less chaos to your daily life in contrast to a complete cabinet replacement.
Residents of Taylorsville, Mississippi have reported paying as much as 70% less when refinishing their cabinets as opposed to replacing them. Prior to picking cabinet refinishing, evaluate your specific preferences, budget, and the condition of your cabinets to understand if this project is best for you.
One Place Containing All The Information Necessary To Hire a Professional Cabinet Refinisher in Taylorsville, Mississippi With Confidence
Cabinet refinishing is a great way to transform the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Expert cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, like paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that suits your sense of style and design preferences.
The cost-effectiveness of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several homeowners in Taylorsville, Mississippi have reported paying as much as 70% less than they would on having new cabinets built and installed. Achieving a fresh and updated look for your kitchen cabinets for less money will maximize the return on your investment, increasing the value of your house in the process.
Sustainable solutions also play a part in why many homeowners are beginning to refinish used cabinets instead of buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing toxic waste and lessening demand for wood products.
Another great advantage of cabinet refinishing is that the service will be much less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-built new cabinets, the space where they're installed will likely face some degree of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The result is much more debris everywhere and could take weeks or months to get your kitchen ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for those on a tight schedule.
When selecting a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, gain insights into their experience and expertise through pictures of their past work, if they supply any guarantees on their workmanship, online customer reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and costs. All of this important information and more is on the easy-to-use Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Taylorsville, Mississippi confidently.