Find a pro in Wesson, Mississippi
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Wesson, Mississippi. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Wesson, Mississippi
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Wesson, Mississippi. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Wesson, Mississippi. Find the right contractor for your home right away.