Find a Pro in Huntersville, North Carolina
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
What factors are important when choosing the exterior paint color for your residential property?
When you're picking a paint color scheme for your home's exterior, selecting an elegant color that goes with your overall aesthetic will be the ideal choice. It's relatively affordable to improve how your home looks with help from a trained and experienced painter. These are some of the considerations you should make when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting job:
- Color arrangement: The colors you pick should complement the overall design you're aiming for and the atmosphere you want to form. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling relaxed and calm: Blues and greens are stylish tones that have the propensity to give you a comfortable feeling.
- Energetic and productive: For a pop of color that sticks out from the others, yellows and oranges are bright enough to bring about the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a property feel more cozy and comfortable.
Why should you engage the services of a professional exterior painting contractor?
Recruiting an exterior painter to apply new paint to your property will usually provide you with a superior result than you could bring about by yourself. DIY projects don't always go as planned unless you're equipped with the materials and knowledge to perform the job to the highest quality standards. Instead of attempting to fix errors, homeowners can seek an exterior painting contractor to perform the job as adeptly as possible. The knowledge they've garnered from their experience in the field will be mirrored in the degree of quality demonstrated in their craftsmanship. From power washing the exterior, putting on the primer and paint, and handling the cleanup, you need to a contractor to carry it out. With their superior approach and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to worry about them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How can you get your home prepared for an exterior painting service?
Exterior painting provides excellent results when it's completed with careful attention to detail and adhering to the highest standards. Professional contractors are equipped with the skills, materials, and strategies to perform the job with exceptional workmanship. Superb workmanship starts with taking precautions that let the paint stay and look great for a long time. Prepare for an exterior painting job by taking these steps:
- Power wash: Getting rid of grime and dirt provides you with a clean area to work with, so using power washing equipment is an effective way to rinse it off.
- Sand away flaky paint: Scraping and sanding down old paint will remove cracked or flaky parts that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair damage on exterior of your home so that you can work on a flat surface.
- Recaulk: Improve caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it with a streamlined finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Protect your yard from paint by placing drop cloths on decks, sidewalks, and shrubs.
- Priming: Rolling primer on bare wood and area that's been repaired to let the paint adhere.
Can you offer a quote of the price included in painting the exterior of a house?
The expenses related to exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level property can have a price of around $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level property. It's a great project for many homeowners who want to enhance their property's curb appeal and keep it safe from the elements throughout the year. Other criteria that can influence the overall price is how knowledgeable your contractor is because it can mean high-quality workmanship and guaranteed services. Get in touch with a local painting contractor who can assess the project and offer you an accurate estimate for the price you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Convenient Way to Find Exterior Painting Services Near Huntersville, North Carolina
Start your search for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can conveniently compare and hire companies in Huntersville, North Carolina. If your property needs some new paint, you can recruit a contractor with the skills and knowledge to deliver excellent services. You can upgrade your property's design with a new pop of color that also provides a hardwearing barrier preventing damage. By hiring a professional to take care of the job, you're ensuring it'll meet your specifications.
On our full-scope home management platform, you can efficiently browse for painters, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can see other exterior painting projects to gain a solid idea of what they can provide. Browsing through contractor profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our no-cost app. It's streamlined and easy to use for anyone to find the most qualified professional for the job near them. In addition, you can direct message contractors, ask for a quote, and book a consultation all on one platform.
Discuss the project details with an exterior painting professional who can provide you with beneficial recommendations and help you brainstorm an elegant color combination. Having a freshly painted house can increase your property value and overall make it the envy of the neighborhood. It's incredible what the right sheen, color, and application can do to breathe some new life into a space. Thumbtack is here to turn your home improvement dreams into reality with help from several local contractors ready to start the project and carry out excellent workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by downloading our app and get in touch with an experienced professional to handle the whole process with the utmost attention to detail.