Find a Cabinet Painter in Argusville, North Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // North Dakota // Argusville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which kind of paint do you use with cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used for walls. There are distinctions due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint preferred for home walls will face many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them that sleek appearance. Common wall paints might not adhere sufficiently to cabinets or begin to chip and flake away prematurely. The type of paint contractors choose for cabinets contains adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those generally used on walls.
How will I determine if I've chosen the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the perfect one for your specifications and vision requires a substantial amount of effort. A good place to focus on is by understanding exactly what style you're trying to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their prior work similar to what you're looking for beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a set budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any painter you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project begins that will raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you expect on time and within budget.
Could I get away with painting my cabinets without sanding?
It's always enticing to quickly begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but an expert will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping steps of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that all dirt or grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great strides, and there are products that contractors use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to any nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be mandatory in most cases, and it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the current paint was oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
How can I estimate the cost of cabinet painting?
There are many factors that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Argusville, North Dakota, you could pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's advised to first seek out quotes from multiple contractors listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Complexity or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may charge you based on square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: Your contractor will have to recoup the cost of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon price of paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with one gallon usually being plenty for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the job finished.
You'll want to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout as well as your ideas for them with more than one professional to uncover an accurate estimate of price.
Hire a Cabinet Painter in Argusville, North Dakota Who Will Bring Your Ideas to Life
An exceptional way to boost the appeal of your home and update the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of heavy use and deliver a new look that will match your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Argusville, North Dakota varies, but many customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your area, aspects such as the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will determine how much you pay in the end. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your one-of-a-kind project will cost.
There are also advantages for the environment when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing process with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for new materials. Your present cabinets might be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
When hunting for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to show you a history of past projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and vision so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all the information needed to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Argusville, North Dakota confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.