Find a Cabinet Painter in Watford City, North Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // North Dakota // Watford City
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Which variety of paint is used on cabinets?
A commonly asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very different surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for interior walls will face some difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them that sophisticated aesthetic. Common wall paints will not stick sufficiently to cabinets or start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer drying and curing times than those typically applied to walls.
How can I pick the right cabinet painter?
Comparing cabinet painters to uncover the best one for your needs and style takes a substantial amount of consideration. The best place to focus on is by understanding precisely what style you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to view a sample of their prior work aligning with your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and skill. Dependable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You should have a set budget in mind when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices sometimes fluctuate significantly. Check that any professional you hire provides written statements of all equipment and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to pop up after the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Pay close attention to the professional's reputation by evaluating their online client reviews. Most professional painters will have comments and reviews from previous clients available online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and within budget.
Is the tedious prep step necessary when painting my cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately start painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but a professional will quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grime are completely removed from cabinet surfaces before painting or staining or it might hinder their adherence. The cleaning step is also the right time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made great leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also reach those places that are exceedingly difficult to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only flake away and need to be repainted sooner than you'd like.
What things are considered when it comes to the price for painting cabinets?
There are many things that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Watford City, North Dakota, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's advised to first obtain quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll need to discuss your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Watford City, North Dakota
A smart way to increase the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painter around Watford City, North Dakota varies, but some customers still report spending less than a third on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Other than the difference in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you pay in the end. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the planet when you opt to let a professional paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods with wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your current cabinets might be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the best cabinet painting professional matching your budget and needs, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A dependable contractor will be willing to share a history of past projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and vision so you understand precisely what to expect when the job is complete. Discover all the information necessary to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter in Watford City, North Dakota easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.