Find a pro in West Fargo, North Dakota
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in West Fargo, ND. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in West Fargo, ND
When you need roofing maintenance services in West Fargo, ND, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.