Find a Cabinet Painter in Albion, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Nebraska // Albion
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Should I use the same paint on my walls to update the appearance of my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used on walls. There are differences due to the fact that cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint preferred for home walls will face some challenges when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slippery surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sleek aesthetic. Common wall paints will not adhere adequately to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals choose for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also requires extended drying and curing times than those generally applied to walls.
How do I choose a painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painters to uncover the perfect one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of work. The first place to start is by knowing exactly what aesthetic you want to accomplish for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their prior work aligning with your vision beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Reliable contractors will be more than happy to grant this request, and many retain a gallery of pictures for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You need to have a defined budget worked out when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you consider provides documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the process about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project begins that can raise costs higher than you budgeted for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online client reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you need on time and on budget.
Should I simply paint over my kitchen cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately begin dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to happen beforehand to ensure your cabinets look great and are protected from the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when attempting it alone, but a professional can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality beginning with the most important prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt and grease are thoroughly removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, like doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical product that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives will also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that would be exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in most cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that follows, such as facilitating better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the current paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint before priming, it will only flake off and need to be repainted sooner than expected.
Will it be costly to paint kitchen cabinets ?
There are several things that play into the cost of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, such as the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. In Albion, Nebraska, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your requirements and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, painters could charge you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Variety of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the cost of materials if you aren't providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints used with cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with a gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project finished.
You'll need to discuss your home's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Find a Cabinet Painting Contractor Near Albion, Nebraska Who Can Bring Your Ideas to Life
A smart way to boost the value of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective option over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and provide a new look that will suit your current style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painter near Albion, Nebraska fluctuates, but some homeowners still report spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will determine how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then ask around among several different painting contractors to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the environment when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing process of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets may be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and reinstall with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the right cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should evaluate their client reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be happy to share a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the project is complete. Find all the information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Albion, Nebraska confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.