Find a Pro in Arlington, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT EXTERIOR PAINTING
How should you go about picking the best exterior paint color?
When you're deciding on a paint color for your home's exterior, selecting a classic color that goes with your overall design will be the right choice. It's fairly affordable to enhance how your home looks with help from a knowledgeable and equipped painter. These are some of the considerations you should take into account when deciding on a color scheme for your exterior painting project:
- Color arrangement: The colors you select should complement the overall design you're going for and the mood you want to spend time in. Make it reflect your personal tastes, especially if you're someone who works from home or spends a lot of time there.
- Feeling calm and relaxed: Blues and greens are stylish shades that have the propensity to put you at ease.
- Productive and energetic: For fresh color that's distinctive from the rest, oranges and yellows are vivid enough to achieve the desired results.
- Comfort: Toned down, versatile colors like beige, off-white, and gray can make a home feel more cozy and comfortable.
Why may it be advantageous to hire the skills of an exterior painting professional?
Hiring an exterior painting company to apply new paint to your home will normally provide you with a superior outcome than you could achieve by yourself. DIY projects rarely go as you hope unless you're equipped with the tools and experience to execute the project to industry standards. Instead of spending time attempting to repair mistakes, homeowners can hire an exterior painting contractor to perform the project as efficiently as possible. The skill they've garnered from their experience in the field will be reflected in the degree of quality exhibited in their craftsmanship. From pressure washing the outside, applying primer and paint, and taking care of the cleanup afterward, you need to hire a painter to carry it out. With their superior process and guaranteed workmanship, you don't have to deal with them taking shortcuts or providing subpar results.
How can you prepare your home for an exterior painting project?
Exterior painting delivers outstanding results when it's completed with close attention to detail and adhering to high-quality standards. Professional painters are equipped with the knowledge, tools, and strategies to conduct the project with excellent craftsmanship. First-rate craftsmanship begins with taking preliminary steps that help the paint stay and look great for many years. These are some of the steps you need to take to prepare for an exterior painting project:
- Power wash: Removing grime and dirt gives you a spotless area to begin working on, so using pressure washing tools is a great way to rinse it off.
- Sand away chipped paint: Sanding down and scraping old paint will get rid of flaky or cracked pieces that are still remaining.
- Get surface ready: Compounds used to repair surfaces can repair flaws on exterior of your home so that you can work on a clean surface.
- Recaulk: Fix caulk on trim and windows to then paint over it for a sleek finish.
- Put down drop cloths: Keep paint away from your yard by using drop cloths on shrubs, decks, and sidewalks.
- Priming: Applying primer on bare wood and area that's been fixed to help the paint stay.
What's the expense related to painting the exterior of a residential property?
The cost of exterior painting services are based on the size of the home, prep work, and paint. A one-level home can have a price of approximately $5,400 and rise to about $7,500 for a two-level home. It's a worthy project for many homeowners who want to maximize their property's curb appeal and keep it protected from the elements throughout the year. Another factor that can contribute to the overall price is how knowledgeable your painter is because it can equal high-quality craftsmanship and guaranteed services. Reach out to a painting contractor near you who can assess the project and give you an accurate quote for the expenses you can anticipate to pay.
Thumbtack is the Most Efficient Way to Search for Exterior Painting Services Near Arlington, NE
Start browsing for an exterior painting professional on Thumbtack, where you can easily compare and seek the assistance of companies in Arlington, NE. If your home needs a fresh coat of paint, you can find a contractor with the training and background to provide outstanding services. You can improve your property's design with a fresh pop of color that provides a durable barrier preventing damage from the elements at the same time. By hiring a painter to handle the project, you're making sure the work will be of high-quality standards.
On our comprehensive home management app, you can quickly search for contractors, check ratings, and read customer testimonials. Homeowners can take a look at pictures from previous exterior painting projects to get an understanding of their degree of expertise. Look through professional profiles and simplifying your search is more efficient when you download our free app. It's systematic and easy to use for homeowners to select the best candidates for the project in their area. You can also direct message professional painters, receive an estimate, and set up an appointment all on one platform.
Discuss the details of the project with an exterior painting professional who can deliver beneficial recommendations and help you come up with an elegant color scheme. Painting can boost your property value and essentially make it stand out in the best way. It's amazing what the right sheen, color, and application can do to bring some new life into a space. Thumbtack is available to make your home improvement visions come true with help from a number of local professionals ready to begin the project and carry out excellent workmanship. Get an outstanding finished product by using our home management platform and get in touch with a skilled exterior painting contractor to take care of every step in the process with close attention to detail.