Find a Cabinet Refinisher in Ashland, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Refinisher Professionals nearCabinet Refinishing // Nebraska // Ashland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET REFINISHING
When should I consider refinishing my cabinets as opposed to buying new models?
Cabinet refinishing is almost always cheaper than buying new models and is a smart investment in many circumstances, including when:
- Current Cabinets Are in Good Condition: If the cabinets are damaged or decayed, it may be more cost-effective to consider replacement.
- Environmental Sustainability Is a Value: If protecting the environment is a priority, you might want to think about cabinet refinishing as a better practice to limit waste by refreshing your current cabinetry.
- You Want Unique and Personalized Cabinets: Refinishing gives you choices between a huge variety of colors and finishes to achieve a vision that is wholly unique and matches your sense of style.
- Boosting Home Resale Value Cost-Effectively: If you're planning to sell your property, cabinet refinishing can be a relatively inexpensive way to enhance its appeal to try and maximize profits.
- You Are Pleased With the Current Layout and Operability: You're current cabinets may already work great with your kitchen's design and provide ideal functionality.
- Avoiding Disruption is Preferred: Cabinet refinishing involves minimal chaos to your lifestyle compared to a complete cabinet replacement.
Property owners of Ashland, Nebraska have reported spending nearly 70% less when refinishing their cabinets compared to replacing them. Before picking cabinet refinishing, weigh your specific preferences, budget, and the current state of your cabinets to understand if this option is best for you.
What certifications or qualifications are important to look for in a cabinet refinishing contractor?
Though there may not be industry-mandated certifications specifically for cabinet refinishing professionals, there are important qualifications and indicators of skill that you can look for when vetting someone to refinish your cabinets. Most professional contractors will showcase any certifications in carpentry, woodworking, or a related skill on their Thumbtack profile.
You should ask the contractor you are considering hiring for a portfolio with pictures of cabinets they have refinished in other homes, especially featuring finished projects that are similar to the style you're trying to accomplish. Besides a picture gallery, most professional contractors will demonstrate their experience and dependability with online client reviews.
A reputable expert will give a clear written estimate of the job before it begins, listing the scope of services, materials, and all associated costs. Contractors should possess good communication skills and be able to address any questions and concerns regarding cost, time, and craftsmanship throughout the refinishing project. You should also inquire about any warranties or guarantees from a contractor, which is another indication that can demonstrate they have confidence in the quality of their workmanship.
How do contractors carry out cabinet refinishing?
An expert taking care of your cabinet refinishing job will follow an established process for efficiency and proven results. There are generally several steps taken to transform the style of existing cabinets, including:
- Assessment and Prepping: Cabinets are first inspected to make sure they are in proper condition for refinishing. If they are, any gear will be disassembled, such as handles, knobs, and hinges, and all cabinet surfaces will be cleaned of dirt, grease, or other contaminants.
- Touch-Up and Fill: Some minor issues, like cracks, dents, or similar imperfections in the wood will be repaired or filled before being blended in with staining or painting.
- Painting or Staining: Your choice of paint, stain, or finishing technique will be applied in careful, even coats to get the look you've envisioned. The drying and curing phase will be critical to imparting a professional result, and could need a few hours to complete.
- Reassembly: After the paint or stain has dried, any hardware will be reattached and cabinets fully reassembled for use. A quality inspection will ensure the final results satisfies your standards, which includes a last cleanup of the entire work area.
It's important to note that any refinishing project can vary based on things such as the model of cabinets and the chosen finish. Also, professionals may perform detailed techniques, such as distressing or glazing, to accomplish specific aesthetic results, which will require a longer process with more steps. Make sure to communicate directly with any contractor you hire to ensure they can bring your vision to reality.
What are a few benefits of refinished cabinets?
Cabinet refinishing is a very beneficial home improvement task that many people discover to be worthwhile. Refinishing cabinets instead of buying new ones is a smart practice to limit your impact on the environment by giving used furniture a longer purpose rather than contribute to landfills. The process of manufacturing new cabinets also requires more wood and releases toxins into the atmosphere, both of which are significantly diminished when you choose to upcycle current furniture rather than replace it. Some other great benefits of deciding on cabinet refinishing are:
- Cost-Efficient: Purchasing and hanging new kitchen cabinets will be very expensive, but refinishing current cabinets will allow you to refresh their look for much less money.
- Refresh the Look of Your Kitchen: Cabinet refinishing has the power to dramatically switch up the aesthetic of your kitchen with relatively little work or resources.
- Minimal Disruption To Your Home: Cabinet refinishing is considered a relatively quick and simple project to update their look compared to installing new ones. Since you're reusing current cabinets that have already been hung, you'll avoid the hassle of having custom-made cabinets built from scratch or the demolition and reconstruction of your kitchen walls and layout to ensure they fit.
- Professional Results: You can expect high-quality outcomes when you hire an experienced contractor to handle your cabinet refinishing project. The right technique and experience is critical to ensure your cabinets come out as you wished, including following the proper steps of preparing the surfaces and permitting the paint or stain to cure before reassembly.
Discover The Right Professional for Cabinet Refinishing in Ashland, Nebraska
Cabinet refinishing is an effective way to beautify the aesthetic of your home by updating the appearance of current cabinets without the need for a complete replacement. Professional cabinet refinishers sand and apply your choice of finishes, such as paint, stain, or other techniques to your existing cabinets to deliver a new look that fits your sense of style and design preferences.
The affordability of cabinet refinishing is one of the first perks, and several people in Ashland, Nebraska have reported spending as much as 70% less than the price of having new cabinets built and hung. Achieving a fresh and modern look for your used cabinets for less money will give you a bigger return on your investment, increasing the value of your house simultaneously.
Environmental considerations also play a role in why more people are starting to refinish used cabinets rather than buy and install new models. Refinishing is a green choice that aligns with eco-conscious practices in home improvement by minimizing harmful waste and lessening demand for cutting more trees.
Another excellent benefit of cabinet refinishing is that the service is many times less chaotic to your household than the work it takes to install new ones. Whether buying stock or custom-made new cabinets, the kitchen where they're hung will often need to undergo some level of demolition and reconstruction before they fit properly. The consequence is much more dust and could take weeks or months before the room is ready for use again, whereas an efficient refinishing job is less messy and a convenient solution for anyone on a tight schedule.
When considering a contractor for your cabinet refinishing project, get a feel for their experience and reliability through galleries of past work, if they offer any warranties on their workmanship, online client reviews, and how well they communicate with you about time and budget. All of this important information and more is on the powerful Thumbtack site to help you hire a cabinet refinishing contractor in Ashland, Nebraska confidently.