Find a Cabinet Painter in Davey, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Does it matter which type of paint I use for my cabinets?
An often asked question is about the type of paint used on cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used with walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint preferred for home walls will encounter many challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them that modern appearance. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets or begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to ensure longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates extended time to dry and cure than those usually applied to walls.
Is it hard to find a good cabinet painting contractor?
Vetting cabinet painting contractors to discover the perfect one for your specifications and style takes a substantial amount of work. The best place to start is by understanding precisely what look you want to achieve with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see samples of their prior work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to gain a sense of their experience and ability. Professional contractors would be pleased to grant this request, and many keep a gallery of pictures for potential clients to browse through on their in-person or online.
You need to have a set budget in mind while shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate widely. Check that any contractor you consider gives written statements of all material and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication during the project about it's timeline. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs higher than you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from previous clients for view online, and these can be an efficient way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and within budget.
Is the challenging prep stage necessary when painting all cabinets?
It's always enticing to immediately begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting will quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert can quickly and effectively bring your vision to life starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could hinder their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to disassemble the cabinets and their components, including doors, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the following stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made great advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers will also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly difficult to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint before priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual price for an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
There are many factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Davey, NE, you will pay anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first obtain quotes from multiple professionals listed on the Thumbtack platform to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter will need to recoup the price of materials unless you're providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints utilized in cabinet refinishing range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your largest expenditure when it comes to professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall price depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the job completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's specific cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Beautify Your Home for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter in Davey, NE
A quick way to enhance the appeal of your house and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting an experienced cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also results in less messes and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to eliminate years of wear and tear and deliver an updated look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor around Davey, NE varies, but many homeowners still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Other than the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, factors such as the brand of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should first come up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painting contractors to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you opt to let a contractor paint your cabinets rather than throw them out and install new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets adds to landfills and heightens demand for logging. Your present cabinets might be in good enough shape to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
While hunting for the best cabinet painting contractor matching your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of previous work, and inquire about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be willing to show you a history of executing projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will talk with you about your cabinets and plan so you know precisely what to expect when the project is finished. Find all important information necessary to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Davey, NE confidently with the convenient Thumbtack platform today.