Find a pro in Hartington, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Hartington, NE. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hartington, NE
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Hartington, NE, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.