Find a Cabinet Painter in Homer, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Nebraska // Homer
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Is there any difference between cabinet paint and regular paint?
A commonly asked question pertains to the type of paint used for cabinets and if there is a difference between it and that used with walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the kind of paint typically used for interior walls will encounter some challenges when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Many kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces because of the materials used in their design to give them their sophisticated look. Typical wall paints may not adhere adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The type of paint professionals utilize for cabinets has adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those usually used on walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painting contractors to find the best one for your specifications and style requires a substantial amount of work. The best place to begin is by knowing precisely what style you're trying to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to see samples of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to gain a feel for their experience and skill. Trustworthy contractors will be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential clients to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind while choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any contractor you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor expenses as well as clear verbal communication throughout the process about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur after the project has started that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Give attention to the professional's reputation by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have comments and reviews from past clients available online, and these are also a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Can I simply paint over my present cabinets?
It's always tempting to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your home improvement project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done first to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming project when attempting it on your own, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most common prepping phase of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's critical that any dirt or grease are thoroughly cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning phase is also an appropriate time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, such as drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that innovations in home improvement have made notable leaps, and there are products today which professionals use to make one of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also called liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly strips gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the messy process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is mandatory in most cases, as it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as enabling better adhesion, preventing stains and imperfections from bleeding through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the previous paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel away and require repainting sooner than you'd like.
What is the usual cost for a professional cabinet painting contractor?
There are several factors that play into the cost of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what type of paint will be used, and the rates of the contractor. Around Homer, NE, you could pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a professional cabinet painter, so it's suggested to first seek out quotes from several professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Layout or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by the number of cabinet doors and drawers.
- Type of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the cost of paint and other equipment if you aren't providing them, and these usually vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used with cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your schedule could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how fast you want the project completed.
You'll want to talk about your kitchen's particular cabinets and layout and your vision for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Renew Your Kitchen for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Homer, NE
A smart way to enhance the appeal of your home and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Painting your cabinets is a cost-efficient alternative to expensive replacements that also requires less messy and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Many kinds of wood, engineered wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and deliver a new look that will match your evolving style preferences.
The cost of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Homer, NE fluctuates, but some customers still report spending as much as three times less on a painting project versus full cabinet replacements. Besides the fluctuation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects like the variety of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the size of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to figure out an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also advantages for the world when you decide to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the environment, and discarding wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for new materials. Your current cabinets could be in fair enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll love.
When searching for the best cabinet painting professional aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, portfolio of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable painter will be happy to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you understand precisely what to expect when the project is complete. Find all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Homer, NE confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.