Find a Cabinet Painter in Kimball, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Nebraska // Kimball
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Can I use the same paint on my walls to renew the look of my cabinets?
A frequently asked question is about the kind of paint used for cabinets and if there is any difference between it and that used for walls. There are differences because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the type of paint generally used for interior walls will encounter many difficulties when attempting to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have slick surfaces due to the materials used in their construction to give them their sophisticated appearance. Common wall paints will not adhere sufficiently to cabinets and can begin chipping or flaking off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals utilize for cabinets contains adhesives that helps it stick to these slick surfaces better, and is also usually thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and composition of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those typically applied to walls.
Will any cabinet painting contractor suffice for my project?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the best one for your needs and style requires a substantial amount of work. The first place to begin is by knowing exactly what style you want to achieve for your kitchen cabinets. You should ask contractors to view samples of their prior work matching your vision beforehand to get a feel for their experience and ability. Reliable contractors would be pleased to accommodate this request, and many keep a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget worked out when shopping around for professional cabinet painting contractors, as prices often fluctuate significantly. Ensure that any professional you hire gives documentation of all material and labor expenses and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't need is for any surprises to occur after the project commences that will raise costs above what you planned for.
Give attention to the contractor's reliability by checking any online customer reviews. Most experienced painters will have feedback and reviews from past customers available online, and these are also a great way to judge their ability to deliver the services you expect on time and on budget.
Is the difficult prep phase a necessity when painting all cabinets?
It's always tempting to quickly begin painting and get your kitchen remodeling project moving forward, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the future. Cabinet painting can quickly become an overwhelming task when doing it alone, but an expert will quickly and efficiently bring your vision to reality starting with the most important prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's crucial that any dirt and grime are completely cleaned from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it might affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to disassemble the cabinets and their hardware, like drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next steps easier and more efficient.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products that professionals use to make one of these prepping steps easier. Deglossers, also referred to as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that quickly removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the long process of sanding in the traditional way is virtually obsolete. Liquid abrasives can also penetrate to those edges that are exceedingly challenging to get to with traditional sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming will be necessary in some cases, and it serves many important purposes for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing a protective layer over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you apply a latex paint without priming, it will only peel off and require repainting sooner than expected.
How do I estimate the price for cabinet painting?
There are several factors that affect the price of getting your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and complexity of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint will be used, and the labor costs of the contractor. In Kimball, Nebraska, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, and it's suggested to first obtain quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to get an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the complexity of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors could bill you according to square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The contractor must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these typically vary by quality. Per-gallon cost of paints utilized with cabinet painting range anywhere from twenty to one hundred dollars or more for high-quality brands with one gallon usually being enough for the average kitchen.
- Labor: Labor will be your most significant expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what season of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll need to discuss your kitchen's unique cabinets and layout as well as your vision for them with more than one professional to find the best price.
Refresh Your Cabinets for Less With an Experienced Cabinet Painter Near Kimball, Nebraska
A smart way to boost the value of your property and refresh the appearance of your kitchen at the same time is by enlisting a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting is a more affordable option over expensive replacements that also requires less messes and chaotic demolition and reconstruction. Most kinds of wood, manufactured wood, and metal cabinets can be painted to conceal years of wear and tear and give them a new look that will suit your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Kimball, Nebraska fluctuates, but many customers still report spending less than a third on their painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates of different contractors in your area, aspects like the kind of paint chosen, the complexity of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. You should start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to uncover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also benefits for the world when you choose to let a professional paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new ones. The manufacturing methods with wood and metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets fills up landfills and raises demand for logging. Your existing cabinets could be in decent enough condition to simply paint, refinish, and hang with a fresh new look that you'll be proud to own.
While looking for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and needs, you should evaluate their customer reviews, gallery of past work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A reliable contractor will be willing to share their history of delivering projects similar to yours to give you peace of mind, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is finished. Discover all important information needed to vet and hire a professional cabinet painter near Kimball, Nebraska confidently with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.