Find a pro in Murray, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Murray, NE. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Murray, NE
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Murray, NE. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.