Find a pro in Peru, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Peru, Nebraska
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Peru, Nebraska. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Peru, Nebraska. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your home today.