Find a Cabinet Painter in Phillips, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Cabinet Painting Professionals nearCabinet Painters // Nebraska // Phillips
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CABINET PAINTING
Will I be restricted to the kind of paint I can put on my cabinets?
An often asked question pertains to the kind of paint used on cabinets and if there is a difference between it and the paint used on walls. There are distinctions because cabinets and walls are very distinct surfaces, and the variety of paint usually used for interior walls will encounter many difficulties when trying to apply them to kitchen cabinets.
Most kitchen cabinets have smooth surfaces due to the materials used in their design to give them their modern appearance. Common wall paints will not stick adequately to cabinets and can start to chip and flake off prematurely. The kind of paint professionals use for cabinets has adhesives that allows it to stick to these slippery surfaces better, and is also generally thicker to guarantee longer durability. The chemicals and structure of cabinet paint also necessitates longer time to dry and cure than those generally applied to walls.
Is it hard to find an experienced cabinet painting contractor?
Comparing cabinet painters to find the best one for your specifications and vision takes a substantial amount of consideration. A good place to begin is by knowing exactly what look you want to accomplish with your kitchen cabinets. You should ask candidates to see a sample of their past work aligning with what you're looking for beforehand to get a sense of their experience and ability. Dependable contractors will be pleased to grant this request, and many retain a portfolio for potential customers to browse through on their website.
You should have a defined budget in mind when choosing professional cabinet painting contractors, as costs sometimes fluctuate widely. Ensure that any painter you hire gives documentation of all equipment and labor costs and gives clear verbal communication during the project about it's expected completion. What you don't want is for unexpected surprises to occur once the project commences that can raise costs above what you budgeted for.
Pay close attention to the contractor's dependability by evaluating their online customer reviews. Most professional painters will have feedback and reviews from previous customers for view online, and these can be a great way to find out if they have a history of delivering the services you need on time and on budget.
Is the challenging prep step a necessity prior to painting all cabinets?
It's may be tempting to immediately start dipping brushes into paint and get your kitchen remodeling project going, but there is some prep that needs to be done beforehand to ensure your cabinets look as envisioned and hold up to the heavy-use they will likely see in the years to come. Cabinet painting can quickly turn into an overwhelming project when attempting it alone, but an expert can quickly and efficiently bring your vision to life starting with the most common prepping stage of cleaning, sanding, and priming:
- Cleaning: It's very important that any dirt or grease are completely removed from cabinet surfaces prior to painting or staining or it could affect their adherence. The cleaning step is also a good time to take apart the cabinets and its hardware, including drawers, knobs, hinges, etc., to make the next stages easier and more effective.
- Sanding: The good news is that efficiencies in home improvement have made notable advancements, and there are products today which professionals use to make some of these prepping steps a breeze. Deglossers, also known as liquid sandpaper, is a chemical abrasive that easily removes gloss from cabinet surfaces so that the dusty process of sanding in the old way is virtually obsolete. Deglossers can also penetrate to those nooks and crannies that are exceedingly challenging to get to with regular sandpaper.
- Priming: Priming is necessary in some cases, as it serves a vital purpose for the painting that comes next, such as allowing for better adhesion, blocking stains and imperfections from showing through, and providing an added layer of protection over the cabinet surface. If the existing paint is oil-based and you cover it with a latex paint without priming, it will only flake off and require repainting sooner than expected.
What factors are considered when it comes to the price of painting cabinets?
There are many factors that play into the price of having your kitchen cabinets professionally painted, including the size and layout of your kitchen, the number of cabinets, what kind of paint is needed, and the rates of the contractor. Around Phillips, Nebraska, you will pay anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand dollars for a good cabinet painter, so it's recommended to first seek out quotes from various professionals listed on the Thumbtack site to gain an accurate estimate based on your needs and vision.
- Kitchen Size or Number of Cabinets: Depending on the layout of your kitchen cabinets and the scope of the requested services, contractors may bill you based on square footage or by individual cabinet doors and drawers.
- Kind of Paint and Finish: The painter must recoup the price of paint and other equipment unless you're providing them, and these generally vary by quality. Per-gallon rates for paints used in cabinet painting range anywhere from $20 to $100 or more for designer brands with a gallon usually being plenty for most kitchens.
- Labor: Labor will be your biggest expense when paying for professional cabinet painting, but your requested timeline could also raise or lower the overall cost depending on what time of the year or how soon you want the project performed.
You'll want to talk about your home's particular cabinets and layout and your ideas for them with more than one contractor to find the best price.
Choose a Cabinet Painting Contractor in Phillips, Nebraska Who Will Bring Your Vision to Life
A quick way to boost the value of your property and update the appearance of your kitchen simultaneously is by hiring a professional cabinet painter. Cabinet painting can be a cost-effective choice over expensive replacements that also requires less messy and disruptive demolition and reconstruction. Most types of wood, engineered wood, or even metal cabinets can be painted to hide years of heavy use and provide a new look that will match your evolving tastes.
The price of a professional cabinet painting contractor in Phillips, Nebraska fluctuates, but many homeowners have reported spending less than a third on a painting project than on full cabinet replacements. Besides the variation in labor rates charged by contractors in your location, aspects such as the variety of paint chosen, the layout of your kitchen and cabinets, and the scope of the project will dictate how much you ultimately pay. Be sure to start by coming up with a budget and then inquire a number of different painters to discover an accurate estimate of how much your unique project will cost.
There are also perks for the world when you choose to let a contractor paint your cabinets instead of throw them out and hang new models. The manufacturing methods of wood or metal cabinets releases many toxic chemicals into the air, and throwing out wood cabinets adds to landfills and raises demand for logging. Your current cabinets may be in fair enough condition to easily paint, refinish, and hang with an updated look that you'll love.
While searching for the right cabinet painting contractor aligning with your budget and specifications, you should look at their customer reviews, gallery of previous work, and ask questions about pricing and timeline. A dependable painter will be willing to share a history of delivering projects similar to yours to put you at ease, and will discuss your cabinets and plan so you know exactly what to expect when the job is complete. Find all the information you need to vet and pick a professional cabinet painter near Phillips, Nebraska easily with the powerful Thumbtack platform today.