Find a pro in Pierce, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Pierce, NE
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Pierce, NE, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.