Find a pro in Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Usually, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Painting Professionals nearHome // Nebraska // Scottsbluff
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Scottsbluff, Nebraska
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Scottsbluff, Nebraska. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.